Every chapter in Transparency is peppered with useful exercises you can do to experience your own
energy-and-consciusness and the dynamics of your changing reality. Just getting an intellectual understanding of
an idea isn't enough—we must integrate the understanding all
the way down to our cells!
CLEAR SUBCONSCIOUS BLOCKS BY REFRAMING
1. Think back over the past month and recall the times you’ve felt frustrated, stuck, disappointed, sad, angry, hurt, disillusioned, blank, or offended. Go back into the situation and feel the sensations. Remember how you reacted and what exactly you reacted to. You might use the insights you gained in the previous exercise.
2. What are the underlying, erroneous fear beliefs that you-the-soul are trying to bring to light? For example, if you were frustrated or angry, you might believe the outside world is bigger than you and dominates you, preventing you from expressing your true self. Or if you felt rejected, you might believe you need approval from others to avoid feeling isolated—separate from the Divine and your own soul.
3. Write about how you could turn each underlying, incorrect belief around into a statement of truth. Then imagine how you’d respond to the previous situation differently if that were true. Feel the reality in your body.
4. How could you dissolve the old unconscious reactionary behavior permanently? What methods might you use to notice when your mind has turned negative? How would you change if you didn’t backslide and didn’t give up your preferred state?
FEEL THE RHYTHM OF THE TRUE SELF
1. Sit with your back supported, breathe evenly, bring your attention inside your skin, and be centered.
2. Imagine that every cell inside your body is relaxing, softening its walls, and allowing the membranes to be more porous, transferring energy in and out easily. Now imagine the same porous quality in your skin so that what’s outside can flow in and what’s inside can flow out.
3. Imagine that everything you’ve been holding can now flow from you into the field around you to dissolve. Let yourself feel empty and spacious. Feel into what’s left to sense the presence that remains.
4. Now imagine that anything you need can flow into you easily from the field of your greater, collective self. Let yourself feel comfortably full. Feel into the fullness to sense the presence in everything.
5. As you breathe out, say and feel: “I am nothing.” As you breathe in, say and feel: “I am everything.” Repeat for five minutes or more. All the while, feel the steady presence within both states.
READ OTHER PEOPLE’S THOUGHTS & EMOTIONS
1. Notice who comes into your mind this week and make note of it. Wait. See if they return to your mind. If they do, notice your body, and see if there is a particular sensation, in a particular place, or a mood that comes along with them. Play with the idea that if the thought of them occurs, they’re actually coming into your attention field energetically. This can happen with both physical and nonphysical people. You might take it further; imagin e having a telepathic conversation with them. You might write it in your journal, using direct writing. Finally, if you can, contact the person physically and see how they are.
2. When you meet or are physically close to another person this week, let yourself be still and receptive, neutral and impressionable. Place your attention gently on them, and bring them inside your attention field. Feel into them, or allow their inner energy blueprint to merge with yours and “impress ” you with certain information. Do you sense a particular emotion? Do you feel they are fixated in their left brain or spaced out in their right brain? You may receive the impressions kinesthetically through your body or you may just “know” telepathically. You may receive a complex knowledge pattern that includes their problems, the causes, and the solutions. If you know the person, share some of what you notice, tactfully and kindly. Or open a conversation with something like, “I sense you’re feeling a bit preoccupied right now. Anything important on your mind?”
3. You might keep a section of your journal for telepathic and kinesthetic impressions or messages you receive about others in mediation or in dreams. Read back over it and see if you feel an urge to follow up with certain items.